• Provide for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
• Preserve order and act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
• Respond to routine and emergency situations.
• Standing a post for 8 to 16 hours while wearing duty equipment and personal protective equipment weighing up to 30 pounds (includes a required ballistic vest) while exposed to all weather conditions.
• Ability to properly and effectively wear or use personal protective equipment, including that used to prevent exposure to chemical, biological, or radiological agents.
• Acuity of senses and ability of expression sufficient to allow essential, accurate communication by written, spoken, audible, visible, or other signals.
• Ability to operate both as a member of a team and independently at incidents of uncertain duration.
• The ability to maintain mental alertness, deductive, and inductive reasoning, memory, and reliable judgment, to include operating a motor vehicle – even under emergency conditions.
• Ability to respond appropriately to routine and emergency situations of the job including
bending, reaching, dodging, crawling, climbing, rapid ascent of stairs, short to moderate sprints, and self defense if necessary while wearing protective equipment.
• Ability to mentally and physically endure emergency situations for extended periods of time
• Ability to handle, shoot, and qualify semi-annually with a .9mm pistol and shotgun
• Ability to complete and apply training (if necessary as self defense) MP Baton, Unarmed Self Defense, and non-lethal OC Spray. (Training for OC Spray includes direct exposure to the effects of this weapon.)
• Ability to pass an annual Physical Ability Test (PAT)
19 pushups in 2 minutes
Run 1.5 miles within 17:30 minutes