The Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician shall perform, but not necessarily limited to, the following duties:
1. Perform fire suppression, prevention, emergency medical, rescue, and special service response under the supervision of a Fire Captain or Fire Chief;
2. When assigned as apparatus driver/operator; perform daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance checks. Complete Calif. State Fire Marshall Apparatus Operator 1A and Pump Operator 1B courses;
3. Respond to all alarm, special service and non-emergency calls. Perform necessary duties as required by Fire Captain or Fire Chief;
4. Respond as an Emergency Medical Technician and perform all necessary emergency duties as required. Drive ambulance when assigned.
5. Respond to alarm bypass, sprinkler shut down, weld/burn permit, confined space permit requests as assigned by Fire Captain or Fire Chief;
6. Participate in all required training exercises as required by Fire Captain;
7. Conduct CPR/First Aid and Fire Extinguisher classes as assigned by Fire Captain. Maintain ARC CPR/First Aid Instructor Status
8. Maintain daily logs and prepare emergency/non-emergency reports as required;
9. Participate in fire prevention, building pre-fire plan, fire alarm and sprinkler system inspections, under the direction of the shift supervisor;
10. Participate in equipment and station maintenance as assigned by shift supervisor;
11. When assigned to a special project; coordinate maintenance and documentation for project (i.e. breathing apparatus, fire extinguishers, fire hydrants/PIV, sprinkler systems, etc.). Inform shift supervisor on a regular basis of special project status;
12. Firefighters shall present and conduct themselves in a manner befitting their position and in no way deviate from the high standards of the fire service.