Centerra Group, LLC. is the world’s leading international government solutions group, specializing in sectors where security, safety and mitigation of operational risk are considered strategic necessities. Centerra has evolved beyond security and fire support services, and continues to diversify and expand offerings primarily through organic growth and select targeted acquisitions. Centerra is now recognized as a major provider of integrated facilities support services for government and top commercial customers. Centerra’s lines of business include Security, Nuclear Surety, Fire and Emergency Services, Base Operations Support (BOS), Facilities, Fleet, Construction and Training services.
Centerra is seeking a Part Time Firefighter to work at our Jet Propulsion Lab located in Pasadena, CA.
EOE Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Centerra is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
The Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician shall perform, but not necessarily limited to, the following duties:
1. Perform fire suppression, prevention, emergency medical, rescue, and special service response under the supervision of a Fire Captain or Fire Chief;
2. When assigned as apparatus driver/operator; perform daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance checks. Complete Calif. State Fire Marshall Apparatus Operator 1A and Pump Operator 1B courses;
3. Respond to all alarm, special service and non-emergency calls. Perform necessary duties as required by Fire Captain or Fire Chief;
4. Respond as an Emergency Medical Technician and perform all necessary emergency duties as required. Drive ambulance when assigned.
5. Respond to alarm bypass, sprinkler shut down, weld/burn permit, confined space permit requests as assigned by Fire Captain or Fire Chief;
6. Participate in all required training exercises as required by Fire Captain;
7. Conduct CPR/First Aid and Fire Extinguisher classes as assigned by Fire Captain. Maintain ARC CPR/First Aid Instructor Status
8. Maintain daily logs and prepare emergency/non-emergency reports as required;
9. Participate in fire prevention, building pre-fire plan, fire alarm and sprinkler system inspections, under the direction of the shift supervisor;
10. Participate in equipment and station maintenance as assigned by shift supervisor;
11. When assigned to a special project; coordinate maintenance and documentation for project (i.e. breathing apparatus, fire extinguishers, fire hydrants/PIV, sprinkler systems, etc.). Inform shift supervisor on a regular basis of special project status;
12. Firefighters shall present and conduct themselves in a manner befitting their position and in no way deviate from the high standards of the fire service.
•Successfully complete a physical and physiological examination
•Meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the Secret level
•Possesses a valid Class B California Drivers License
•Graduation from a California State Fire Academy (Standards of NFPA 1001-1992)
•Possess Firefighter I certification.
•Ability to obtain HAZMAT specialist certification
•Pass annual physical fitness test
•Be willing to work any shift
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed