In this role, you will be responsible for a range of general staff accounting tasks but will be primarily responsible for all accounting work associated with processing accounts payable, expense reporting, sales/use tax submission and operating fund requests. As the AP Specialist, you will match documents, obtain proper approvals, code and enter vouchers, assemble voucher packages, and process check payments, ACH disbursement files and wire requests. The ideal candidate will possess their Associate’s degree in Accounting, 2+ years of relevant work experience in government contracting and have Deltek Costpoint and Deltek Time & Expense (T&E) Experience.
• Be responsible for all accounting work necessary to insure accounts payable are processed in a timely and efficient manner
• Process and review vendor invoices, employee expense reports and operating fund requests for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with FAR, FTR, CAS, Company policies and specific contract terms
• Prepare voucher packages for review and approval
• Review and audit electronic expense reports
• Maintain accounts payable files
• Effectively handle vendor and employee inquiries including account research, correspondence and communications when needed
• Provide employee training on proper expense report preparation
• Identify and accrue sales and use tax monthly
• Coordinate with purchasing and receiving personnel to ensure timely close-out of open purchase orders
• Prepare 1099 forms annually and file in accordance with IRS deadlines
• Prepare assigned account reconciliations and ensure timely resolution of all credit card charges
• Maintain AP inbox (Preparation of invoices that come electronically, wire request processing, resolving issues, etc.)
• Coordinate and assist with administrative duties, and other tasks as needed.